[Vision2020] Sangria Grille (was New restaurant?)

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Sat Aug 14 11:41:01 PDT 2004

Carl asked:
"Does anybody know anything about it?  Reviews?"

Well, I'm pleased to report that due to Carl's quest for information on Sangria
Grille, I forced myself to give it a try last night  ;-)

The bad news first:  while they have a very extensive & diverse menu, they
aren't yet offering their Lunch Specials or Desserts -- those will be coming
shortly although I wasn't given a date.  Even without those, the menu is still
*incredible* -- I was just disappointed about the desserts because they've got
quite an extensive list of really yummy offerings.

And, while their take-out menu (yes, their entire menu can be ordered for
take-out) lists their hours as 11 AM-10 PM Su-Th & 11 AM - 11 PM F & Sa, I think
the sign said they are currently open 5-10 PM.

They also don't take reservations, and as Dan Carscallen mentioned, they
currently do a booming business.  However, if you call before heading down
there, my understanding is they'll put you on the waiting list or hold a table
up to 30 minutes.  I wasn’t quite clear on exactly how that works, so you might
want to call (882-2693) to get more accurate details.

The good news:  the food was yummy and they have a very extensive menu.  I'm a
fairly picky eater when I'm paying to eat out, and there were so many things on
the menu I wanted to try that I finally just had to punt.  A huge (like 15)
variety of appetizers, several appetizer salads, and several entrée salads
(although very few of the entrees come with salads).  They have several kinds of
sandwiches (including a crab cake sandwich served with sweet potato french
fries) & burgers, a list of "specialty" entrees that ran several pages, several
pasta offerings, and fresh seafood choices in addition to steaks, pork, and
lamb.  I'm pleased to report there are no veal choices.

For vegetarians (not that I'm currently one -- I'm a lapsed vegetarian), I was
thrilled to see 8-10 choices!

Beer, wine, and three sangrias are available as well as espresso drinks, coffee,
assorted tea drinks, Coke products, and some other beverages.

The staff there really seem to know how to *work*, and our service was
excellent.  The women's restroom was very clean.

I'd classify the prices as moderate:  appetizers from $5-9, with main fare
running from about $7 up to about $25 for filet mignon or a rack of lamb, but
I'd say the bulk of choices are under $15 with no scarcity of choices in the
$10-15 range.

We didn't have any children with us, but there were a fair number of families
with children, so they might have a children's menu.

Of course, YMMV, but I am just thrilled to have a new place (and it's air
conditioned) to eat locally, and I'm already looking forward to visiting again
:-)

HTH,
Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID