[Vision2020] Are you being served?

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 12 15:34:40 PDT 2004

Bill London tells us:

Doug Wilson verified on August 12, in a posting to his blog website (at
http://dougwils.com/index.asp?Action=Anchor&CategoryID=1&BlogID=398 ),
that the Christ Church minutes of April 8, 1999 did include this message
to the church leadership:  "Doug Wilson reported that Paul Kimmell, in
his role as County Commissioner, is open to oversight from the elders on
certain issues, such as the current domestic-partner issue."

In the immortal words of Mrs. Slocombe, now we get down to the gritty-nitty.  Bill, you find the date of this Church minute interesting.  I'm more interested in the addition of the phrase "such as the current domestic-partner issue."  I don't recall the inclusion of that phrase in the original minute that Captain Kirker forwarded to this list.  Call me suspicious, but Doug has attempted in the past to deflect criticism of himself by pointing (and shrieking) at Moscow's gay and lesbian community.  Is this more of the same, i.e., another pathetic attempt to change the subject?

Captain Kirker, is the phrase "such as the current domestic-partner issue" in the original minute?  If not, I wonder . . . no, I'll save my speculations until we hear from you.  In the meantime, I'll just suggest that thoughtful pet owners might want to keep Fluffy and Fido safely indoors.  Like a mean drunk with an empty bottle, Doug is kicking every dog that passes him.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment        Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com