[Vision2020] Opinion not normally seen on V2020

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco at moscow.com
Wed Aug 11 15:58:03 PDT 2004

Joan, et al,

Joan discusses the nuances:

With all due respect, I think this is a misreading of what Kerry actually said.
He was asked if, knowing what we now know about Iraq, WMDs, Al Qaeda, etc., he
would still have voted in favor of giving President Bush the authority to use
force.  Kerry said yes, he would have voted for that authority.

I'm sorry, Joan.

I see little difference no matter how Kerry's remarks are interpreted.

Giving Bush the power to use force is not the same as giving him the power to
threaten to use force.  With the latter, Bush may be  harmless, even a bit
effective.  With the latter, it has been a human suffering disaster of
formidable proportions and likely to remain that way for years to come, not to
mention the declining view of our country among almost every other country on
the planet our country has suffered, not to mention the host of other problems,
here and abroad, that the war money, effort, and attention could have been
focused on.

I had hoped that Kerry would have been a little more prudent, imaginative, and
caring in dealing with the problem that Iraq presented.

I am really disappointed with Kerry.  I will still vote for him over Bush.  I
may still give money towards his campaign but only because he now represents the
lesser of two evils and not a beacon of hope for a better way of dealing with
complex problems.

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco at moscow.com