[Vision2020] Not On The Palouse, Not Ever (Update #39)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Aug 5 16:01:53 PDT 2004

Greetings Visionaires -

Not On The Palouse, Not Ever (Update #39) consists of a link to:

http://www.tomandrodna,com/notonthepalouse/Plagiarism.htm

Plagiarism As It Is - As they prepared Southern Slavery As It Was for
publication, Douglas Wilson and his co-author, Steven Wilkins, plagiarized
extensively from Fogel and Engerman's Time on the Cross: The Economics of
American Negro Slavery, a book that was highly criticized by historians of
the South.

As always you may review the many postings, submit a suggestion, or post a
comment from the "Not On The Palouse, Not Ever" website at:

http://www.tomandrodna,com/notonthepalouse

Until then . . .

Take care of yourselves and each other.

Tom Hansen

Not On The Palouse, Not Ever

Sidebar - During my 20-year tenure in the Army (especially as I progressed
through the non-commissioned officer ranks), a three-word phrase was
engrained daily into my thoughts until it became as much a part of my daily
routine as the uniform I wore.

It is a phrase that separates integrity and responsibility from deceit and
immaturity.  It distinguishes the few from the many.  It is something that
is clearly lacking from the administration of New Saint Andrews College.  It
becomes very evident in people that have it during adverse times.

You don't run from responsibility.  You don't hide from accountability.  You
stand up on your feet, using the back bone you were born with, step up to
the plate, take the pitches as they are thrown at you and MOST OF ALL . . .

LEAD BY EXAMPLE

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are
dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all
exist very nicely in the same box.