[Vision2020] Moscow Kinko's recognized for environmental friendliness

Ben Twigg bentwigg@yahoo.com
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 18:08:51 -0700 (PDT)

>From Murf Raquet's Biz Bits column in the Daily News
this weekend:

The Moscow Kinko's was named the top branch nationally
in the company's annual environmental competition that
honors superior performance in conserving energy,
using recycled materials, eliminating waste, recycling
waste streams and participating in community
environmental programs. More than 1,100 Kinko's
participated.

Second place went to a branch in College Park, Md.,
and third belongs to a branch in Indianapolis.

The Moscow Kinko's was one of the chain's largest
seller of post-consumer recycled papers.

Store employees participated in the annual Paradise
Creek cleanup and in-store recycling efforts. They
handed out more than 300 seedlings to customers during
Arbor Day 2003 and will do the same during this year's
Arbor Day on Friday.

"We're very excited. It's a great reward to know that
we can do our part with Kinko's to help protect the
environment," manager Brian Morton said. "We're very
environmentally conscious."

For winning the competition, the Moscow Kinko's
received a glass award, which is on display by the
cash register at the front of the store.

The store also will give $1,500 to an area
environmental agency. Morton and his six employees are
looking at splitting the award between several groups.

The copy center is at 1420 Blaine St. (Eastside
Marketplace) and is open 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday through
Thursday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday.