[Vision2020] Property Tax Increases

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco@moscow.com
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 14:34:35 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C42A09.440188C0

John,

Part of the answer to question two of your post might be answered by the Idaho
Code Sections:

http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=630030014.K   and
http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=630030016.K

Further references to relevant Idaho Code Sections can be found at:

http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/63003KTOC.html

If I recall correctly from living in Boundary County, where I was for a period
of three years a county employee, the State Tax Commission, by statue,
periodically reviews each county's assessments and valuations to determine if
they meet statutory requirements, e.g., are the property valuations consistent
with current market values of the properties, etc.

>From your previous posts I infer that you know that all elected/appointed
officials do not always follow the law (either intentionally or unintentionally)
and that sometimes laws are ambiguous enough so that there is room for
disagreement between reasonable persons in the interpretation and application of
laws.

Like yourself, I would like to know more about what is motivating the current
review of Latah County valuations and the outcome of the  review.  Perhaps,
someone with more knowledge than you or I can enlighten all Vision 2020 readers
about this matter.

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco@moscow.com

PS Vision 2020 readers can research Idaho Code starting at:

http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/idstTOC.html for a macro table of contents or

http://www3.state.id.us/legislat/idstat.html for a subject search (this is not
an intelligent search machine so many different variations of the subject at
issue may need to be tried).

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C42A09.440188C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>John,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Part of the answer to question&nbsp;two of your post =
might be=20
answered by the Idaho Code Sections:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4><A=20
href=3D"http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=3D630030014.K">http=
://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=3D630030014.K</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
and</FONT></DIV><A=20
href=3D"http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=3D630030015.K"></A>=
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4><A=20
href=3D"http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=3D630030016.K">http=
://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=3D630030016.K</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Further references to relevant Idaho Code Sections =
can be=20
found at:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4><A=20
href=3D"http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/63003KTOC.html">http://www3.st=
ate.id.us/idstat/TOC/63003KTOC.html</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>If I recall correctly from living in Boundary =
County, where I=20
was for a period of three years a county employee, the State Tax =
Commission, by=20
statue, periodically reviews each county's assessments and valuations to =

determine if they meet statutory requirements, e.g., are the property =
valuations=20
consistent with current market values of the properties, =
etc.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>From your previous posts I infer that you know that =
all=20
elected/appointed officials do not always follow the law (either =
intentionally=20
or unintentionally) and that sometimes laws are ambiguous enough so that =
there=20
is room for disagreement between reasonable persons in the =
interpretation and=20
application of laws.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Like yourself, I would like to know more about what =
is=20
motivating the current review of Latah County valuations and the outcome =
of=20
the&nbsp; review.&nbsp; Perhaps, someone with more knowledge than =
you&nbsp;or I=20
can enlighten all Vision 2020 readers about this matter.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4><BR>Wayne</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Art Deco&nbsp; (Wayne Fox)<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:deco@moscow.com">deco@moscow.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>PS Vision 2020 readers can research Idaho Code starting =
at:<BR></DIV>
<DIV><A=20
href=3D"http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/idstTOC.html">http://www3.stat=
e.id.us/idstat/TOC/idstTOC.html</A>&nbsp;for=20
a macro table of contents or</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
href=3D"http://www3.state.id.us/legislat/idstat.html">http://www3.state.i=
d.us/legislat/idstat.html</A>&nbsp;for=20
a subject search (this is not an intelligent search machine so many =
different=20
variations of the subject at issue may need to be tried).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C42A09.440188C0--