[Vision2020] Mock Trial - Logos Performance

NoMoreWalking4Me@aol.com NoMoreWalking4Me@aol.com
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:35:29 -0400

Mr. Fox,I see your point that lawyers in real life lie, cheat, etc.  My point is, Logos school did no such thing that day.  When they cited the rules, they were doing so to keep my team, the defense team, from entering evidence.  They did not act perverted, or corrupt, or wherever your 'sadness' may come from concerning their win in the Mock Trial Competition.  The attourneys in the courtroom never asked any bogus questions that were overly prejudicial, or anything close that would deem going to a miss trial for.  And that is why I think your statements are so obsurd.  I was there, you were not.  I saw the trial, you did not.  I saw the Logos team prosecute 'my client' fairly, and following the Rules of Evidence.  So to put it bluntly, take your bias for this school, and aim it somewhere else, because it has no basis for the Mock Trial team's conduct that day, and regardless of what you argue, I saw that their team that day acted HONESTLY. And from what I saw, Logos school does indeed teach their kids to prevail, but honestly, and without cheating.
And I will further remind you, I lost this case.  I lost the chance to go to nationals.  But I am sticking up for these kids because they don't deserve to be targets for your slandering and bias comments regarding something you read in a newspaper article.
Drew Simon