[Vision2020] offline

Pat Kraut pkraut@moscow.com
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:36:00 -0700

I will not respond to any messages off the vision 2020 site.
Thanks for your help.
I have been watching the 9/11 commission live on CSPAN and it has
strengthened the thoughts I had immediatly after 9/11. I have had friends
and family who committed suicide and the hindsight questioning of all those
around them as to behavior is all over the spectrum. All the coulda, woulda,
shoulda's are awful for everyone. I watched Bush say that his whole staff
has rethought everything and I am sure that all the others for many years
have reevaluated all their actions. And I certainly hope that congressional
voters have wondered about all the votes for and against more or less money
for the CIA, FBI and the military amoung others votes. We need to remember
that it all meets somewhere. The destruction of the CIA really started with
our own Frank Church, but thats another story. But at this point placing
blame is not going to help. We really need to look at what got us here and
hope we can do better from here on. I have wondered if some congressioal
voters have ever read a newspaper from Dec. 5-6, 1940? Or immediatly there
after. It does not help to think that it cannot happen here. We cannot
always look at history from the books written well after, sometimes the news
of the day is a better gage of the story. I know that change comes with more
info and passage of time, but when the vote to remove money or power from
our systems is taken it does have a long effect. There will always be an
enemy.
All this whining about not picking up the 'bad guys' that they knew were
within our country...look at whats happening right here in Moscow after
9/11. We are still not willing to wait and hear the case the government has
aganst Sami, and decide the truth of it, too many of us have already made
our decision that he couldn't possibly have been doing anything to deserve
this. its our big, bad, racist government! But, there are reasons why they
have him in court. The uproar for the 'civil rights' of the pilots of those
planes would have been unbelieveable. The long term possiblities could be
more devestaing to the country than we think. When we look at the the total
history of our country and the decisions that have been made we are indeed a
blessed country. We have to wonder how long it will last.
PK