[Vision2020] Oppose House Joint Resolution No. 9

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 07:49:25 -0700

Greetings Visionaires -

At a time when budget restraints are forcing the University of Idaho to
consider some very unpopular modifications, the State House is attempting to
pass House Joint Resolution No. 9, an ammendment to the Idaho Constitution
establishing a state-sponsored definition of marriage (consisting of one man
and one woman).

http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/HJR009.html

Couldn't the state legislature spend its tax-supported time doing something
more important?  Or is it taking its queue from the Moscow City Council?
Every tax cent is scrutinized to ensure that it is spent wisely.

I oppose House Joint Resolution No. 9 for the same reason that I opposed
(and still oppose) the Moscow City Topless Ordinance.  WHY?  We oppose
government influence in our private lives, yet . . . (well, you know) . . .

House Joint Resolution No. 9 speaks loudly on behalf of, and critically for,
those that voted "aye".

On November 2nd join me in voting these people out.

See you at the polls.

Until then . . .

Take care,

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"
-Robin Williams