[Vision2020] Inspirational Story

Tom Trail ttrail@moscow.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 19:20:33 -0700

Visionaries:   In times of strain and stress it is encouraging to an
inspirational story.  Rep. Daylin Leach of the House of
Representatives in
Pennsylvania shared this story with me.

Fellow Representatives:

      I am writing to ask your help and support in promoting the work of a very
brave young girl in my district.

      Alex Scott is nine years old and is battling a severe type of childhood
cancer call Neuroblastoma.  When she was four, she announced to her
parents a plan to set up a lemonade stand in her front yard and to
donate all of her profits to doctors and researchers working on a
cure.  Through some limited
local publicity Alex managed to raise $2,000 which she donated to her hospital.
She has since held a lemonade stand in our community every year,
gaining national media attention and raising over $190,000 to
facilitate new and ongoing clinical trials in pediatric oncology.

      Alex's Lemonade Stand is quickly catching on as a simple but
effective way to make a difference.  On June 12, 2004, Alex and her
family plan to have at least one lemonade stand in all fifty states.
I need you to assist Alex by helping to organize a lemonade stand in
your state.  It wouldn't take much work-
just a table, a visilbe location, a few hours of volunteer efforts,
and, of course, lemonade!

      I cannot put into words how inspired and how proud I am of
Alex's selfless efforts.  Please join me and the over 75 communities
nationwide already committed to help, and encourage all citizens to
contribute to Alex's Lemonade Stand Fund.  To get involved, contact
Alex's family at 610-642-1728 or visit the website at
www.alexslemonade.com.

      Thank you for taking the time to read this letter.

Sincerely,

Representative Daylin Leach

This is certainly an inspirational story.

Rep. Tom Trail
--
Dr. Tom Trail
International Trails