[Vision2020] Response to Don Nelson on Gibson's Film

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco@moscow.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 11:48:34 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_00C3_01C41D5F.6C397520

Nick, et al

Don Nelson appears ignorant of even the most fundamental scholarship of early
Christianity.  Perhaps, he might start with the books by committed Christian
Scholars such as The Jesus Seminar.

When I read Mr. Nelson's letters, thoughts occur similar to the ones I posted on
V 2020 yesterday in the posts on the accuracy of news media:

"The moral of Pat's story is not only that CNN makes errors, but that all
reporting is subject to sloth, to manipulation, to point of view, to
extra-factual motivation, and to honest errors due to the nature of selective
and incomplete human observation, memory, thought processes, and retelling...

The scary beliefs are those that do not have any self-correcting mechanisms,
those held without periodic critical re-examination, and/or those for which
people believe are beyond or not subject to critical evaluation."

Wayne

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco@moscow.com