[Vision2020] Am I too demanding of Customer Service?

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Wed, 07 Apr 2004 22:41:53 -0700

<DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>I don't know about the rest of you, but Customer Service plays an important role of where I choose to shop and do my business. I wanted to know if you all have the same experiences as I do in the community and if I am overreacting to how I sometimes get treated.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Case number one: I go through the drive-thru at McDonalds, the one on Troy Ave. I ask for two separate orders. One is 93 cents, the other one is $4 and some change.&nbsp;The person in the car with me&nbsp;has 93 cents in hand, and says so to me in front of the cashier in the window and clearly in view. I then pull a $5 from my pocket and hand it to the casher, they take $5 and pull 93 cents from it hand me my change and then ask for $4 and some change back. Was the cashier thinking I wanted 93 cents exactly for the $4.22.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>The other McDonalds I refuse to go to because they were having a spit fighting contest when I walked in there one day. Lord only knows what they do when customers are not around.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Case Number two:</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>My bank, FirstBank, took 6 weeks to get my checks. The first time I got checks, they messed up my phone number, the second time they lost them, the third time they sent the numbers on the check the same as the ones that were lost, dumb because they were stopped because they were lost. </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>When I had been at the bank for about 2 years, one time UI didn't get the checks out in time and&nbsp;one of my&nbsp;checks bounced by just $5&nbsp;from my checking account and I had $4,500 in my savings. Rather then floating me the $5 they charged me $20 and the place&nbsp;where my checked&nbsp;bounced was my Apartment, ruining my perfect 4 year record of one time in full payments. </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Today, my check card was declined when I had more than enough money in it. And yesterday the ATM was down, so I could not transfer money from one account to another to pay my bills. I work during the day and often cannot go in, nor does my bank allow me transfer funds other than through that ATM.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Case number three:</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>I went to Tidymans and was looking for frozen chicken in the frozen section. I looked for about&nbsp;10 minutes, up and down, and down and up the section, could not find it at all. Finally, someone that works there walks by, standing in the frozen food section, and gesturing toward the aisle, I ask if she can tell me please where the frozen chicken is located. She tells me to go to the deli. I didn't want to go to the deli, so I ask her where the FROZEN CHICKEN is again. Then she asks me what I want to eat with my chicken, I have no clue where this came from other than maybe she wanted me to have a kids chicken frozen food meal or something. I finally say to her, "I want frozen breaded chicken in a box, just chicken." Then she says, "Oh, I don't know where that is". Then treating me like a child says, "Well, why don't we LOOK for it". I would tend to think this was OK for a 17 year old that just started working there for a week. But in all seriousness, most pe!
 ople that are 55 would know the store better, or at least know who to ask. It was precisely why I asked, because I was tired of looking for 10 minutes. </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>So, am I being an a-hole by not&nbsp;continuing my&nbsp;business to these places? Just curious what others do, and if they were raised to respect the customer, be courteous, and make sure they leave happy, not pissed off.</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Keep in mind, I also have my favorites too. Win-Co, Wendy's, Arby's, Safeway, Tri-state, Book People, Papa John's, Bruneel's, Torso's&nbsp;and many more are really&nbsp;good to me 95%+ of the time. Many of these people have spent 15 minutes with me to make sure I get exactly what I need and was looking for. </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Is it normal for me to lose my temper with these other places that you feel like they are hanging a sign on the door that says, "We don't want customers". </DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>Sincerely,</DIV>
<DIV class=RTE>&nbsp;</DIV>