[Vision2020] The Saga Begins to Unfold

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 07:13:37 -0700

Greetings Visionaires -

It seems that the situation in Iraq has gotten alot worse since just
yesterday.

-- AP: Witnesses say U.S. helicopter fire hits mosque in Fallujah, Iraq.
Fatalities reported.
Watch CNN or log on to http://CNN.com for the latest news.

I realize that the mosque may have been a "safe haven" for Shiite
revolutionaries.  But, I believe that bombing a religious building will only
serve to fuel their fire.

I heard on this morning's news (NBC's Today Show) that more and more Shiites
are banding together with more and more Suunis to fight against the US.
Couple this with funding by Al Queda (this just started recently).

The funding by Al Queda should not be interpeted that there has always been
a link between the Al Queda and Iraq.  I feel that it is a simple matter of
"My enemy's enemy is my friend."

I certainly hope that ted Kennedy was not right when he said that Iraq may
turn out to be Bush's Vietnam.  But, you must admit, the smell is awfully
familiar.

Take care,

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."
--Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.