[Vision2020] "Do Not Call" bill passes

Peter Willard petew@completebbs.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:52:29 -0700

--=======5BC46260=======

At 05:28 PM 9/29/03 +0000, Devin Cole wrote:
>  There is no constitutional right to privacy, at least as far
>as I can tell.

Amendments four and nine and lots of case law.

>The question I have is, how does this law violate the first amendment?

Just the part where it says,"Congress shall make no law..." It's the speech
that you don't like that is the gold standard as to whether or not we have
free speech. It's a direct violation and that's why two courts ruled
against the regulations, we'll see what they say about it's rebirth as
legislation.

---