[Vision2020] "Do Not Call" bill passes

Devin Cole dcole@pacsim.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:09:55 -0700

Dale Courtney says:

"Recall that we are a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy. In fact,
one of the things that scared our Founding Fathers to death was a pure
democracy."

I am no constitutional law expert, nor a law expert of any kind, but if
in fact the law violates the first amendment, I suspect it will be
repealed.  There is no constitutional right to privacy, at least as far
as I can tell.

The question I have is, how does this law violate the first amendment?
My understanding is that it has to do with businesses being blocked but
charities not, but I do not know the details.  I do support a no call
list, governmental administration of said list, and the cooperation of
the telemarketing industry.

Regards,

Devin Cole