FW: [Vision2020] Vandals

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:22:39 -0700

Well, I'll take a shot at a possible cause and effect scenario.  Be advised
that it's quite possible I have no idea what I'm talking about.  I'd go so
far as to say it's a lead pipe certainty, but why should that stop me?  If a
high school football player with good 1-AA abilities, and lower Division 1
(Idaho) talent has a choice between a winning 1-AA program, a shot at a
conference championship, and in the case of 1-AA, a national playoff run
(all which Idaho used to have), or a Division 1 team that averages a win
every time Idaho elects a Democrat, might he not lean toward the former?

                                                Carl Westberg Jr.

>From: "Devin Cole" <dcole@pacsim.com>
>To: <vision2020@moscow.com>
>Subject: FW: [Vision2020] Vandals
>Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:49:07 -0700
>
>As a devoted Vandal fan, I have to echo the frustration in Mr.
>Westberg's post.  However, I do question the cause and effect implicit
>in the statement regarding Division 1-A status.  The program has made
>the bid to be 1-A, and performance over the last couple of years has
>been terrible.  However, does one cause the other?  What would have been
>different if we stayed 1-AA that would have made the last couple of
>years a success on the football field?  Or, are other factors at play,
>and we are dealing with correlation or coincidence?
>
>I am not saying the Vandal football program is not in a hole.  I just
>want to know the mechanism(s) behind the bid for 1-A and a bad W/L
>record.
>
>In the midst of my frustration and embarrassment, I am still hopelessly
>optimistic Tom Cable and company will pull it together in time to
>compete successfully in the Sun Belt this year....
>
>Regards,
>Devin Cole

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month
(depending on the local service providers in your area).
https://broadband.msn.com