[Vision2020] Timing of the City Council Workshop

Jon Kimberling jon@n-k-ins.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:29:57 -0700

Mike- I don't recall anyone at the City stating "we recognize we don't
communicate very well".  However, I do think we all believe there is room
for improvement.

You ask a good question. The City has been trying to get this on the agenda
for sometime now. You may recall the article in the Daily News about two
months ago wherein we stated our intent to review our current communication
efforts and to brainstorm ideas for improvement. It took until today to
coordinate schedules. By the way, Tom is doing this at no expense to the
City. For that, I thank him for yet another contribution to Moscow.

Communications is so important that I personally saw no reason to wait. I
hope any and all of the council candidates, as well as the public, will feel
free to come and participate. I would be surprised if Council President Jack
Hill did not allow some time for public comment. I'm hopeful that we can
come away from this meeting with some positive ideas. If so, they can be
implemented sooner rather than later. As the new council begins work the
first of the year, they can certainly determine what direction they want to
take including having another similar meeting. I don't see that as a bad
thing at all.

Jon Kimberling