FW: [Vision2020] Vandals

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:32:26 GMT

The problem is not with the team.  We have the talent to strongly compete at 1A
level.  The problem is with management (coaching).  Coach Cable is 1-5 against
1AA colleges.  This is NOT acceptable by anybody's standards.

Coach Cable makes an excellent, hard-to-beat offensive coordinator.  He has
prove this at Colorado.  Some people are simply not cut out to be head
coaches.  This has been proven more than once in the NFL.  Being a long-time
Raider fan-atic, I loved it when Al Davis made Art Shell head coach of the
Raiders a number of years ago.  After a couiple bad seasons, Art Shell was
without a job until the Chiefs picked him up as offensive line coach where he
excelled.

My suggestion:  Pick up Casey Dunne (assisted under Mike Price at WSU and an
Idaho alum) and drop Cable to the Offensive Coordinator position.

Any thoughts?

Tom Hansen
UI
'96