[Vision2020] The City This Week: An Occasional View from a Citizen

Jon Kimberling jon@n-k-ins.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:04:12 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C38657.E2F0BB50

John- I believe you are correct. These are busy times for all of us. It =
has become more difficult to stay on top of what is going on in the =
community. I further believe that is just one of the reasons the council =
wanted to have a session focused on looking for ways to increase our =
effectiveness in communicating with the citizens of Moscow. One decision =
that has already been made is to start broadcasting the Administrative & =
Public/Works Finance committee meetings just like we broadcast the =
Council meetings. These committees will not be meeting today because of =
the aforementioned workshop. However, most Mondays we meet at 4 & 5 =
respectively. The Council realizes this is not the best time for the =
average person to sit and watch TV but most of us have the ability to =
record the proceedings and watch them at their leisure. There was also =
discussion of doing one or two rebroadcasts later in the week. I haven't =
heard the implementation date for broadcasting committee meetings but =
will let you know when I do.

And as Linda stated earlier, the workshop is open to the public. It =
starts at 4 PM today and will take place at the UI Incubator at 121 =
Sweet Avenue.

Jon Kimberling
Moscow City Council
  ----- Original Message -----=20