[Vision2020] RE: UI sells Clark Fork campus

Brent Capener cape@moscow.com
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 15:19:55 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C385D3.F8942D40

The article Bill read was only half of the AP news story.  The complete =
article went on to give quotes and excuses for this transaction.  I =
don't have the article with me now, so I don't remember all the details =
and names.   A couple things mentioned (in my words only - please don't =
sue):  The UI wanted to sell to the "right type of person".  Mark Berry =
is an outfitter who says he'll "keep the campus open for public use". =
The UI didn't want word to get out about the sale for reasons they =
didn't explain. The UI  paid the US Forest Service $180k for the campus =
in 1995, therefore the spokesman claimed the UI got a good deal by =
selling it for $450k even though it was appraised at $670k in 2002 =
(huh?).  Sandpoint area state Reps sounded even a little more shocked =
and surprised by this sale than the area Vandals I've talked to. When =
they pleaded for the UI to delay the sale, they were informed they were =
too late. (Sound familiar fellow Moscownian's?)  More detail can be =
found on Saturday's Spokesman review available at the library. Also =
maybe one of our computer gifted visioneers can post a link to it.  I =
certainly hope we get a better explanation soon about why this was done =
this way.

Anyone know why there was a steady stream of helicopters flying over my =
house from 7:30AM to 11:00 or so?  No they weren't black and menacing - =
just curious.

BC
------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C385D3.F8942D40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The article Bill read was only half of =
the AP news=20
story.&nbsp; The complete article went on to give quotes and excuses for =
this=20
transaction.&nbsp; I don't have the article with me now, so I&nbsp;don't =

remember all the&nbsp;details and names.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;A couple =
things=20
mentioned (in my words only - please don't sue):&nbsp; The UI wanted to =
sell to=20
the "right type of person".&nbsp; Mark Berry is an outfitter who says =
he'll=20
"keep the campus open for public use". The UI didn't want word to get =
out about=20
the sale for reasons they didn't explain.&nbsp;The UI&nbsp; paid the US =
Forest=20
Service $180k for the campus in 1995, therefore the spokesman claimed =
the UI got=20
a good deal by selling it for $450k even though it was appraised at =
$670k in=20
2002 (huh?).&nbsp; Sandpoint area state Reps sounded even a little more =
shocked=20
and surprised by this sale than the area Vandals I've talked to. When =
they=20
pleaded for the UI to delay the sale, they were informed they were too =
late.=20
(Sound familiar fellow Moscownian's?) &nbsp;More detail can be found on=20
Saturday's Spokesman review available at the library.&nbsp;Also =
maybe&nbsp;one=20
of our computer&nbsp;gifted visioneers can post a link to it.&nbsp; I =
certainly=20
hope we get a better explanation soon about why this was done this=20
way.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anyone know why there was a steady =
stream of=20
helicopters flying over my house from 7:30AM to 11:00 or so?&nbsp; No =
they=20
weren't black and menacing - just curious.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>BC</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C385D3.F8942D40--