[Vision2020] Fee Parking??

John Danahy jdanahy@turbonet.com
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:02:23 -0700

I realize the impact on the market, for good or bad, would certainly stir
some dialogue on the subject, but it seems to me that the moving of the
market to Main Street, and the accompanying elimination of down town
parking, goes against the recent adoption of a vendor's ordinance, which was
written and passed to prevent people from setting up shop on Main Street,
and thus blocking and or unfairly competing with down town merchants.

Of far more concern is the elimination of free parking off Jackson Street.
Despite the findings of the representatives from the IDiOT, parking is a
premium in down town.  It is often difficult, even with walking a few
blocks, to find a space down town.  The elimination of free parking on both
Jackson Street all week and Main Street on Saturdays must be seen as a
negative impact for both downtown merchants and the Market.

What I do not understand, given that this rumor has some truth in it, is
why?

John