[Vision2020] Fee Parking??

Mike Curley curley@turbonet.com
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:23:39 -0700

It seems to me that if the discussion is going to occur and might have an impact on next
year's market that is should have begun already and that October 25 is about the
poorest time to expect to have much input from vendors.  Many regulars are not still
participating on that last weekend of market.  Further, if that is the beginning of
conversations, where are the vendors and their input as discussions progress, new
ideas are floated, and refinements are discussed?  They are gone.

I don't think it's a "rumor" that the ideas about which John Danahy opined have been
proposed and are going to be considered.

It seems to me that the timing of this discussion is at best unfortunate and most likely
just wrong.  I would hope that before there is "public input" (well, in this case, just
vendor input for now) that there is some public presentation of a proposal or options so
that there can be an informed discussion.  And, of course, it isn't to early to be
scheduling those other public input meetings.

This is just one more of the situations that so frustrate citizens.  We learn things by
rumor and then denial and correction because we don't get the information directly
from the city and it's obvious that things are being started and discussed behind the
backs of the majority of citizens.  Once the rumor is out there (and it's been floating
around for weeks and Ms. Heath, at least, knew it), the city should be forthcoming with
information and a plan.  I am disappointed that the message doesn't seem to be getting
across that people in this town care about what's going on and not only want to be
heard, but want to be given information in a timely way.

Mike Curley