[Vision2020] Re: Two creation stories

Scott Dredge sdredge@yahoo.com
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:02:10 -0700 (PDT)

You had written that "Life on earth began about 4 1/2
billion years ago".  The point of my post in response
was that there is a rather large disagreement as to
when life started on this planet.  When I was in
Junior High School I remember a conversation with one
of my classmates where I made the statement along the
lines of dinosaur fossils being several million years
old.  My classmate said, "You need to remember, Scott,
that God created the Earth only 3000 years ago."  I
just nodded my head in agreeement because I could see,
even at my rather young age back then, that this type
of a discussion could go back-and-forth and
back-and-forth for a very long time until one person
physically battered to death the other person over the
"my religion is right and yours is wrong" debate.
This phenomenon has been occurring since the beginning
of time somewhere between 3000 years or 4 and a half
billion years ago and will continue until the equally
contentious "end of the world".

-Scott