[Vision2020] Evolution and cruelty

Joshua Nieuwsma joshuahendrik@yahoo.com
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:32:13 -0700 (PDT)

Your half full quote made me think of this mug:

http://despair.com/pessimistmug.html

Mr. hansen, I was making a generality based upon
history. But I have a question. Why are you a strong
supporter of random acts of kindness? How are they any
better than random acts of cruelty? (examples being
Nero and Claudius and Stalin and Hitler and Mussolini
and myriads of black slave owners in Africa and
myriads of current slave owners in Islamic countries).
I would expect it to be far better for you to do an
intentional act of kindness than just a random one.
Random acts of kindness will rarely really help the
right people that need kindness the most. More likely
than not the person in the drivethrough had enough
money already to pay for their meal. Wouldn't it be
better to use that money for someone who you know is
working hard but can't keep food on the table?

questions and thoughts...

Joshua Nieuwsma