[Vision2020] Re: Media Watch

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 00:28:49 +0000

Don et. al.

Your forget the Stambler debate:  sue him, sue First Step, ban him, filter
him, let him post, send him away, give him advice, ignore him, threaten him,
demean him, and in the end he's still posting!  This series of events has
occurred several times, died down, and I suspect will occur again.

Regarding the religious debates, which included yours truly, some of us were
saying that respect for the value of and potential truth of a diversity of
religions should be emphasized, a point I think that deserves repeating and
defending over and over till the human race outgrows religious extremism,
which might be a long time coming.  Repetition sometimes is required to keep
an idea out in the open, though it seems the idea is going nowhere and may
be boring to the enlightened such as yourself.  I think we should have an
ongoing religious diversity thread on V2020.  However, for this to be of
most value, we would need those of many faiths offering their input.  There
was a lack of input from a diversity of religions in the V2020 religious
discussions, which did lend a repetitious slant to the discussion when it
was dominated by only a few religions, mainly one, that of Christianity.

I am not bothered by any debates over military records or the lack thereof.
Perhaps the personalized nature of these debates should ideally be kept off
a public list serve, but then a good shouting match draws a crowd, does it
not?

I do not know why use of the delete option is such a difficulty.  Many of
the complaints about V2020 content appear to come from those who are delete
option challenged.

Ted

>From: Mushroom <mushroom@moscow.com>
>CC: vision2020@moscow.com
>Subject: [Vision2020] Re: Media Watch
>Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 15:40:08 -0700
>
>Media watch, assuming Vision 2020 is a medium--
>
>Over the last few months the big topics on Vision 2020 are
>
>My religion is better than yours, and
>
>My military record or contact with regular military types is
>better than yours.
>
>Both of these were cute topics early on. Both got old. The
>self-annointed saviors got tired, I guess, of saying the
>same-old, same-old thing (after about 113 times). I'm ready
>for the military-record people to also get tired.
>
>Don Coombs
>
>(You bet I'm an agnostic. If I hadn't been, postings on
>Vision 2020 would have convinced me.)

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,
>           mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy
patented spam protection and more.  Sign up now!
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa