[Vision2020] Clark Democratic front runner according to new poll, 43-47% against Bush

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:11:00 -0700 (PDT)

Ted,
   I'm not a Clark nay-sayer or yea-sayer. My point is
just that the Clark polls don't mean too much at this
point.
   And many factors may lead to this poll being his
political peak.
   Clark is going to have several very well-financed
Demo opponents who are going to be the most prominent
nay-sayers. Dean has raised a lot of money, so has
Kerry. If they need to make hay at Clark's expense
don't think they won't turn out professionally
negative campaign ads against Clark. And as many as
they need to.
   Also, when the primaries turn to the South,
Edwards, who has announced he will not run for
re-election to the Senate will be spending all that
trial lawyer money anyway he needs to.
   The bottom line is that Clark, if he indeed is a
frontrunner right now, will be targeted mercilessly
and examined proctologically from here on out. Will he
be up to it?
   Possibly, but it's not a given by any stretch.
   TL