[Vision2020] Clark Democratic front runner according to new poll, 43-47% against Bush

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:54:46 -0700 (PDT)

Donovan,
      A lead in a national poll is nice. Joe Lieberman
had one for quite a while before the good General
entered the fray.
      But the problem is the individual stateprimaries
and caucuses. Those are the polls that matter at this
point. And leading those means organization, or as
Clark might say "boots on the ground."
      The key question is can Clark overcome the fact
that Dean et al have made as many as 50 trips to Iowa
over the past year or so. And that they've sewn up
many, many endorsements and committments from key
organizers in both Iowa and NH.
   Also, with Dean and Kerry from neighboring states,
they'll be hard to beat there. I guess if Clark can
make a decent show in both those states he could still
be OK.
   Clinton did.
   But Clinton was a politico practically from birth.
Clark has never been in a position to be examined
microscopically in a national or even statewide media
limelight.
   If Clark can quit committing gaffes like saying on
Thursday that he would have probably voted for the
Iraqi war and reversing himself completely yesterday,
he might have a chance.
   But, even if with most of Clinton's former campaign
pros in his organization, Clark is way too poltically
inexperienced to say he'll be able to maintain any
bump he caught from his announcment this week.
  It's way to early for that. There are just way too
many "ifs" at this point.
   TL
--- Donovan Arnold <donovanarnold@hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

Newsweek Poll puts Clark in the lead in the Democratic
race and is in a statisical dead heat with Bush.
43%-47% with a plus or minus margin of 3% in a head to
head match against Bush. Dean only get 38% against
Bush.

Read: http://www.msnbc.com/news/969441.asp?0cv=KB10

Donovan J Arnold

>From: Tim Lohrmann
>To: vision2020@moscow.com
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] local media
>Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:30:41 -0700 (PDT)

edition
> > is really comparing kiwis to kumquats. This
edition
> > comparison is likely the ONLY one in which the
Daily
> > News comes out ahead.
> > The DAILY NEWS Sat. edition is actually their
> > Weekend edition, the biggest and most expensive
> > product they produce. Then on Sunday they take the

> > day off.
> >
> > On the other hand, the LEWISTON MORNING TRIBUNE
> > Saturday edition is often the skimpiest paper the
> > Morning Tribune puts out. It's produced while many

> > on the staff are working on THEIR feature product
>that comes out on Sunday morning. I'm sure the LMT
>Sun. edition will cover the story you mention.
>
> > That said however, even though I've been reading
> > the LMT for a while, that I like a newspaper in
the
> > early morning, and that I like the LMT's editorial

> > page and focus on letters to the editor, I would
> > gladly buy a WEEKEND ONLY subscription to the
DAILY
> > NEWS. I've never understood why they don't offer
> > such a thing.
> > Tim L.
> >

> > --- bill london wrote:
> > > We do not often get the chance to directly
compare
> > > the timeliness of the
> > > reporting in the two local newspapers--the Daily

> > > News and Lewiston
> > > Tribune. One is an afternoon paper that benefits

> > > from getting to report
> > > on events that break during the morning, and the

> > > other is a morning
> > > paper that gets all the afternoon breaks.
> > > The exception is for news that is announced on
> > > Friday afternoon. Both
> > > papers print on Friday night for Saturday AM
> > > delivery.
> > > And in the latest comparison, the Daily News
won.
> > > Today's Daily News included two in-depth stories

> > by
> > > Ted McDonough on the
> > > successful environmental appeal of the Highway
95
> > > Paradise Ridge route.
> > > That's a big story with serious impact on the
> > entire
> > > region. The
> > > Tribune did not mention it at all.
> > > It sure seems to me that Palouse coverage by the

> > > Tribune is going
> > > downhill, and jumpstarted by the new publisher,
> > the
> > > Daily News is
> > > getting much better.
> > > BL

> > > List services made available by First Step
> > > Internet,
> > > serving the communities of the Palouse since
> > 1994.
> > >
> > > http://www.fsr.net
> >

> > > mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

> > design software
> > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

>Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site
design software
>http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

> List services made available by First Step Internet,

> http://www.fsr.net
> mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

 Instant message during games with MSN Messenger 6.0.
Download it now FREE!
List services made available by First Step Internet,

mailto:Vision2020@moscow.comŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ