[Vision2020] Iraq Innocents Die

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:11:57 +0000

Visionaries:

When we kill innocent people in Iraq, even by honest mistake, is this not
perhaps by itself a motivation for continuing attacks against American
troops?  We are told by the Pentagon and the Bush administration that the
unrest comes from Saddam loyalists or radical Islamic groups moving into
Iraq or Al Qaeda operations, but much of the violence could be coming from
citizens of Iraq who are motivated simply by revenge for the death of their
loved ones at US hands, could it not?

Recent violence suggests a pattern of revenge strikes against the US when
Iraq innocents die at US hands:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/09/18/ukhal.xml&sSheet=/portal/2003/09/18/ixportaltop.html