[Vision2020] RE: Open Wager to Mr. Arnold

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 06:10:05 -0700

Donovan Arnold stated:

"Regardless of what you may think about the "almighty" Military ID, I had
one for 26 years."

You earlier stated that you were never on active duty, that you grew up
around active duty members throughout your childhoood as a dependent (or as
they were later referred to "family members").  Am I to assume that you were
a dependent of your parents until you were 26?  Military dependents are
required to surrender their ID cards upon reaching 18 years of age (or in
some extreme cases, 21).  Or are you simply "bending" the truth?

Mr. Arnold went on to say:

"The information on the military ID is public knowledge."

Since when is my social security number considered "public knowledge"?

And yet he states:

"What is stupid is to allow the card in actual size and in full color to be
duplicated."

Like (as you suggested) scanning?

And the dumb get dumber:

"Especially when the only thing it gets you is 25 cents off a bag of cereal
at the Commissary."

It is called identify theft, Mr. Arnold.  And the bad guys do it for alot
more than access to the commissary.

As far as continuing this "ad nauseum" childishness, I will simply terminate
it at this point.  Every time I mention the wager, you rspond with absolute
rhetoric and standards of proof that exceed common sense.

Take care, and don't forget to return your dependent ID card (it is
governemnt property, you know) . . .