[Vision2020] Moscow Dropping Lot Divisions?

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston@turbonet.com
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:15:15 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_007B_01C37DE6.E63BE1A0

Why would we not be doing the reverse?  It seems to me that lot =
divisions have at least as much effect on an existing neighborhood, if =
not more, than creation of most subdivisions in open areas on the edge =
of town.  The public input required for subdivisions is a good thing.  =
Such input should be required for lot divisions, in my opinion.

I am not sure whether Kit is saying that the subdivision code is being =
revised to make subdivision and lot procedures the same and shorter, or =
merely beign revised so that lot subdivisions - as opposed to larger =
subdivsions - will be given a more streamlined procedure than is =
currently in effect (and anticipated to stay in effect) for large (other =
than lot) subdivisions.  I would appreciate clarification.

However, my point that I would like to see discussed is why streamlining =
the process -- in a way that lessens/eliminates public discourse -- is =
deemed to be desirable for either procedure, when it seems undesirable =
to me.

Bruce Livingston
  ----- Original Message -----=20