[Vision2020] Remove Tom Hansen!

Thomas Hansen tomh@uidaho.edu
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:09:47 -0700

Then obviously I am your worst nightmare.  Not only am I a longtime
Athletics fan-atic, but (to me) the only true colors in the NFL are silver
and black.  I have believed such since Kenny "The Snake" Stabler took his
first NFL snap from Jim Otto.

I will provide you an interior photo of my office, reflecting my faith in
the Athletics, Raiders, Vandals, and the U.S. flag (not necessarily in that
order), this afternoon.

Tom Hansen
Moscow

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Dredge [mailto:sdredge@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 10:59 AM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Remove Tom Hansen!

I too was once an Oakland Athletics fan.  In my
younger years I would trek regularly to the
Oakland/Alameda County Coliseum to watch Reggie
Jackson, Mike Epstein, Dick Green, Campy Campaneris,
Joe Rudi, Catfish Hunter, Vida Blue, John "Blue Moon"
Odom, and all the rest of my beloved A's.  So blinded
by my misguided faith, I even rooted for the A's
against the Mets and the immortal Willie Mays in the
1973 World Series.  I have since admitted my own human
failings and have come to see the light that only the
SF Giants of the National League and the Seattle
Mariners of the American League are the only truly
righteous teams of Major League Baseball.

Tom, I urge you to renounce the dark side or face
bannishment from the vision2020 list!  If you are
defiant I will make a motion to have you removed from
the list.  It is my hope that Dale, no friend of
yours, will second my motion and then there be a small
discussion at which some point someone will "call the
question".  After a vote, it is my wish that the
majority decide to ban your from the list
for-r-r-r-r-ever!!! (Rolling r's added for emphasis).
For those of you who are so persistent in asking "Who
decides?"  My answer is "me" since I brought the
motion to the table.  And "my standard" is Robert's
Rule of Order.  Contact me off list if you want a link
to this, or just type it into a Google search.

-Scott

--- Thomas Hansen <tomh@uidaho.edu> wrote:
> Having been an Athletics fan-atic since Reggie
> Jackon's rookie year, the
> only question remaining is where to hang the AL West
> Champioship banner
> (after all, they have so so many of them).
>
> Tom Hansen

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com