[Vision2020] Hitler and his American pals

ben merkle benmerkle@moscow.com
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:13:22 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C376C3.61E7D730

Visionaries:
The Huskey's point us to some of Planned Parenthood's hagiography of =
Sanger. I think her actual writings are more informative. She did have =
some great accomplishments. Her Birth Control Review gave high marks to =
a popular German tract entitled The Rising Tide of Color against White =
World Supremacy. She invited Eugan Fischer, Hitler's advisor on race =
hygiene to speak in the States. And Hitler's director of genetic =
stylization and a founder of the Society for Racial Hygiene published =
"eugenic Sterilization: An Urgent Need" in her Birth Control Review.=20
Here are just a few choice quotes from Miss Sanger.

Every single case of inherited defect, every malformed child, every =
congenitally tainted human being brought in to this world is of infinite =
importance to that poor individual; but it is of scarcely less =
importance to the rest of us and to all of our children who must pay in =
one way or another for these biological and racial mistakes. The Pivot =
of Civilization
Our great problem is not merely to perfect machinery, to produce superb =
ships, motor cars or great buildings, but to remodel the race so that it =
may equal the amazing progress we see now making in the externals of =
life. The Pivot of Civilization=20
But it is well to emphasize that we advocates of birth control are not =
so much disturbed by the stationary birth rate of the thinking classes, =
as by the reckless propagation of the ignorant.-  "An answer to Mr. =
Roosevelt" Birth Control Review (Dec. 1919)
We are spending, billions, literally billions, keeping alive thousands =
who never, in all human compassion, should have been brought into this =
world. We are spending more in maintaining morons than in developing the =
inherent talents of gifted children. We are coddling the incurably =
defective and neglecting potential geniuses. We have not chosen this =
Sisyphean task; it has been forced on us because we have left the =
production of American children to chance, instead of bringing this most =
important of all human functions within the sphere of choice. Until the =
leaders of American business decide to cooperate in this analysis of our =
biological and racial problems we shall be at a loss to answer such =
critics. . . "Is Race Suicide Possible?" (Colliers Aug. 15, 1925)
Indeed, it is to be doubted whether even a completely successful =
educational system could offset the evil of indiscriminate breeding and =
compensate for the misfortune of being a superfluous child. The Pivot of =
Civilization.
But there is a special type of philanthropy or benevolence, now widely =
advertised and advocated, both as a federal program and as worthy of =
private endowment, which strikes me as being more insidiously injurious =
than any other. This concerns itself directly with the function of =
maternity, and aims to supply gratis medical and nursing facilities to =
slum mothers. The Pivot of Civilization
The noblest and most difficult art of all is the raising of human =
thoroughbreds. The Pivot of Civilization

But I don't want to be dismissive of some of the important work that she =
has accomplished. Now back to W, the real Nazi.
Ben Merkle

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C376C3.61E7D730

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
#ffffff"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Visionaries:</DIV>
<DIV>The Huskey's point us to some of Planned Parenthood's hagiography =
of=20
Sanger.&nbsp;I think her actual writings are more informative. She did =
have some=20
great accomplishments. Her Birth Control Review gave high marks to a =
popular=20
German tract entitled The Rising Tide of Color against White World =
Supremacy.=20
She invited Eugan Fischer, Hitler's advisor on race hygiene to speak in =
the=20
States. And Hitler's director of genetic stylization and a founder of =
the=20
Society for Racial Hygiene published "eugenic Sterilization: An Urgent =
Need" in=20
her Birth Control Review. </DIV>
<DIV>Here are just a few choice quotes from Miss Sanger.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM>Every single case of inherited defect, every malformed child, =
every=20
congenitally tainted human being brought in to this world is of infinite =

importance to that poor individual; but it is of scarcely less =
importance to the=20
rest of us and to all of our children who must pay in one way or another =
for=20
these biological and racial mistakes. The Pivot of =
Civilization</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM>Our great problem is not merely to perfect machinery, to =
produce superb=20
ships, motor cars or great buildings, but to remodel the race so that it =
may=20
equal the amazing progress we see now making in the externals of life. =
The Pivot=20
of Civilization&nbsp;</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM>But it is well to emphasize that we advocates of birth control =
are not=20
so much disturbed by the stationary birth rate of the thinking classes, =
as by=20
the reckless propagation of the ignorant.-&nbsp; "An answer to Mr. =
Roosevelt"=20
Birth Control Review (Dec. 1919)</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM>We are spending, billions, literally billions, keeping alive =
thousands=20
who never, in all human compassion, should have been brought into this =
world. We=20
are spending more in maintaining morons than in developing the inherent =
talents=20
of gifted children. We are coddling the incurably defective and =
neglecting=20
potential geniuses. We have not chosen this Sisyphean task; it has been =
forced=20
on us because we have left the production of American children to =
chance,=20
instead of bringing this most important of all human functions within =
the sphere=20
of choice. Until the leaders of American business decide to cooperate in =
this=20
analysis of our biological and racial problems we shall be at a loss to =
answer=20
such critics. . . "Is Race Suicide Possible?" (Colliers Aug. 15,=20
1925)</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM>Indeed, it is to be doubted whether even a completely =
successful=20
educational system could offset the evil of indiscriminate breeding and=20
compensate for the misfortune of being a superfluous child. The Pivot of =

Civilization.</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM>But there is a special type of philanthropy or benevolence, now =
widely=20
advertised and advocated, both as a federal program and as worthy of =
private=20
endowment, which strikes me as being more insidiously injurious than any =
other.=20
This concerns itself directly with the function of maternity, and aims =
to supply=20
gratis medical and nursing facilities to slum mothers. The Pivot of=20
Civilization</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM>The noblest and most difficult art of all is the raising of =
human=20
thoroughbreds. The Pivot of Civilization</EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But I don't want to be dismissive of some of the important work =
that she=20
has accomplished. Now back to W, the real Nazi.</DIV>
<DIV>Ben Merkle</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><EM></EM>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>