[Vision2020] Re: Jackie Woolf

Andreas Schou scho8053@uidaho.edu
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:40:55 -0700

Let's say you like cheesecake, and are gay, or a blasphemer, or an adulterer, or an incorrigible child. A piece of cheesecake at Bucers costs, oh, about 3 dollars. Let's say that Bucers tithes its profits at 10%. This is probably a high number -- the money comes from the people they hire that attend New St. Andrews and from the personal incomes of the people that work there, I suspect, rather than directly from the till -- but it's a nice, round number.

Now, of that three dollars you've just spent, 30 cents has been donated to subsidize your own execution. Assuming there's some arbitrary monetary threshold beyond which you get executed, exactly how much Bucers cheesecake is worth it? None.

(I may be wrong. The cheesecake /is/ really, really good ...)

-- ACS