[Vision2020] Flyers

Gerald Patrick thamar@qwickconnect.net
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 13:06:58 -0700

--=====================_2698760==.ALT

Visionaries,

I spoke to Craig Clohessy yesterday, and he told me that on Tuesday, October
7, a stranger dropped a few flyers in the DN office, and presumably
elsewhere around town.  After reading the flyer, the DN called Wilson, and
though he denied distributing the flyer, he did not deny the accuracy its
contents, i.e., Wilson and Wilkens co-wrote a book defending slavery and
they would be speaking at a history conference.  The flyer does not say that
the conference will address slavery.  The DN asked Wilson for a copy of the
now infamous book, Southern Slavery: As It Was, to confirm the accuracy of
the flyer's quotes, and Wilson not only gave them a copy, but he invited
them into his living room to discuss the merits of slavery.

According to Clohessy, the flyer's quotes are all accurate, and Wilson never
disputed them.  Therefore, if you reread the article, you'll see that
neither the DN nor Wilson made any reference to the flyer because it was not
the story.  Wilson's peculiar opinions, as recorded in SSAIW, are the story.

Now it would not surprise me if Wilson designed the "anonymous flyer" for a
publicity stunt.  He craves PR like a wolf craves sheep, and this wouldn't
be the first time he wagged the dog.  Four years ago he orchestrated the
"Topless and Proud" stunt at UI, and on June 30, 2002, he vandalized the
"Welcome to Moscow" sign so that he could complain about the topless carwash.
  Given his past antics, Wilson should be the chief suspect in this whodunit
and the "anonymous flyer" should be checked for his fingerprints.  Indeed,
investigators should grant him all the due process of a Southern slave by
horsewhipping a reliable confession out of him.

Pat

Craig Clohessy can be reached at cclohessy@dnews.com

--=====================_2698760==.ALT

Visionaries,<br><br>
I spoke to Craig Clohessy yesterday, and he told me that on Tuesday,
October <br>
7, a stranger dropped a few flyers in the DN office, and presumably
elsewhere around town.&nbsp; After reading the flyer, the DN called
Wilson, and <br>
though he denied distributing the flyer, he did not deny the accuracy its
contents, i.e., Wilson and Wilkens co-wrote a book defending slavery and
they would be speaking at a history conference.&nbsp; <i>The flyer does
not say that <br>
the conference will address slavery.</i>&nbsp; The DN asked Wilson for a
copy of the <br>
now infamous book, <i>Southern Slavery: As It Was</i>, to confirm the
accuracy of <br>
the flyer's quotes, and Wilson not only gave them a copy, but he invited
them into his living room to discuss the merits of slavery.<br><br>
According to Clohessy, the flyer's quotes are all accurate, and Wilson
never <br>
disputed them.&nbsp; Therefore, if you reread the article, you'll see
that <br>
neither the DN nor Wilson made any reference to the flyer because <i>it
was not <br>
the story.</i>&nbsp; Wilson's peculiar opinions, as recorded in
Now it would not surprise me if Wilson designed the &quot;anonymous
flyer&quot; for a <br>
publicity stunt.&nbsp; He craves PR like a wolf craves sheep, and this
wouldn't <br>
be the first time he wagged the dog.&nbsp; Four years ago he orchestrated
the <br>
&quot;Topless and Proud&quot; stunt at UI, and on June 30, 2002, he
vandalized the <br>
&quot;Welcome to Moscow&quot; sign so that he could complain about the
topless carwash. <br>
&nbsp;Given his past antics, Wilson should be the chief suspect in this
whodunit <br>
and the &quot;anonymous flyer&quot; should be checked for his
fingerprints.&nbsp; Indeed, <br>
investigators should grant him all the due process of a Southern slave by
horsewhipping a reliable confession out of him.<br><br>
Pat<br><br>
Craig Clohessy can be reached at cclohessy@dnews.com<br>