[Vision2020] Slavery and War in Iraq

John Dickinson johnd@moscow.com
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:08:26 -0700

I don't want to debate whether anyone is defending slavery or promoting
violence towards those of us who are gay or lesbian--and I won't debate.  I
do believe, however, that many people on this list and in this community
want an inclusive, diverse and respectful community.  We have many
alternatives-both to Wilson's ideology and to endless debate.

Amy Smoucha

I want to commend Amy on her recent posting. Moscow is a caring, embracing
community and the tone of Vision 2020 doesn't capture the true heart of this
community. Moscow is a warm community and I believe that it is the diversity
of our cultures and our ideas that makes Moscow friendly. We all wish to be
treated with respect and dignity and we can find that in the real streets of
Moscow, even if our virtual streets appear to be less cordial and tolerant.

John Dickinson