[Vision2020] Political messages?

bill london london@moscow.com
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:37:30 -0700

About political messages on V2020:
One of the reasons for the creation of this list was to provide an
information-sharing vehicle for Moscow.  The goal was to create a
communication system to let people know about upcoming events.  Another
goal was to involve more Moscow residents in public decision-making.
Thus, announcements of events, including candidate forums and other
educational events, in Moscow are welcome.  So are discussions of
political issues and viewpoints.
This forum is "owned" by its subscribers and is not moderated or
controlled.  So, as we have all noticed, the subscribers direct the
subject matter discussed--and some of the topics stray far afield from
the original intent of Moscow-based issues.
The issue of political testimonials (why I like candidate X) has been
discussed in several previous elections.  The V2020 subscribers were not
able to reach a clear consensus on that issue.  Some said they would
welcome specific information about the character of some local
candidates, and others said they did not want to have V2020 become an
email verson of the yard sign clutter or newspaper support ad clutter.
BL