[Vision2020] Fwd: Reply to M Huskey, et al

Jackie Woolf jfkwoolf2000@yahoo.com
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:05:43 -0700 (PDT)

--0-922869560-1066061143=:17893

--0-188931086-1066061143=:17893

Note: forwarded message attached.

Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:56:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jackie Woolf <jfkwoolf2000@yahoo.com>
Subject: Reply to M Huskey, et al
To: vision2020@moscow.com

--0-1497869602-1066060581=:56831

Melynda: Slavery is anyone that is made to do what another wants them to do without regard to the wants of the first person by the second person - including leaving, living their own lives, making a living the way they want, not being beaten by others "just because", etc.  Slavery is not necessarily just someone that is "bought" by another person.  The age of the people involved should not be the only thing considered when looking at this matter;  children can be just as dictorial and just as driven to have slaves of their own as grown-ups, as I am sure you are more than aware of.

Slavery was/is NOT allowed by God (try reading the Bible) but He did say "IF you are a slave, do the best job you can." paraphrased.

God often worked/works with what PEOPLE dictate they want, such as having a king when THE King was already in place, like having slavery when we were/are all slaves to our desires and needs already, like having a sinful child to have to continually be rescued, hence the need for Jesus, etc.

 Secondly, in case you did not notice, Jews and Christians are not the same people...what the Jews did/do are not what God wanted clear back to the time of Moses (remember the Golden Calf) but they did/do it anyway.  Why hold Christians accountable for what other people do?  We have enough of our own wrongs to contend with.

Slavery - US government sanctioned slavery - has not been allowed in this country for a long time.  And blacks certainly were not the only slaves held in this country.  What about the Chinese, the Irish, the Japanese, the Native American, etc.?  Why is it that when discussing slavery, (1) the South is TOTALLY the only ones held responsible; (2) Blacks are the only ones that were inslaved?

Studing History is a means of learning to produce a better future - one without slavery, thank you.

JFK

--0-1497869602-1066060581=:56831

<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Melynda: Slavery is anyone that is made to do what another wants them to do without regard to the wants of the first person by the second person - including leaving, living their own lives, making a living the way they want, not being beaten by others "just because", etc.&nbsp; Slavery is not necessarily just someone that is "bought" by another person.&nbsp; The age of the people involved should not be the only thing&nbsp;considered when looking at this matter;&nbsp; children can be just as dictorial and just as driven to have slaves of their own as grown-ups, as I am sure you are more than&nbsp;aware of.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Slavery was/is NOT allowed by God (try <U>reading</U> the Bible) but He did say "IF you are a slave, do the best job you can."&nbsp;paraphrased. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>God often worked/works with what PEOPLE dictate they want, such as having a king when THE King was already in place, like having slavery when we were/are all slaves to our desires and needs already, like having a sinful child to have to continually be rescued, hence the need for Jesus, etc.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;Secondly, in case you did not notice, Jews and Christians are not the same people...what the Jews did/do are not what God wanted clear back to the time of Moses (remember the Golden Calf) but they did/do it anyway.&nbsp; Why hold Christians accountable for what other people do?&nbsp; We have enough of our own wrongs to contend with.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Slavery - US government sanctioned slavery - has not been allowed in this country for a long time.&nbsp; And blacks certainly were not the only slaves held in this country.&nbsp; What about the Chinese, the Irish, the Japanese, the Native American, etc.?&nbsp; Why is it that when discussing slavery, (1) the South is TOTALLY the only ones held responsible; (2) Blacks are the only ones that were&nbsp;inslaved?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Studing History is&nbsp;a means of learning to produce a better future - one without slavery, thank you.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>JFK</DIV></DIV></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>