[Vision2020] Alturas

Bill Strand strand@pacsim.com
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:15:01 -0700

Bill,

In your first post, you wrote:

"...about half the jobs at the park have merely been shifted from
downtown Moscow"

Then you down graded your estimate:

"OK, how about one-third of the jobs at Alturas are in the day care,
attorneys', accountants' offices, etc? "

Well, I'm still looking out my window and can't even find close to the
27 jobs out there (one third of eighty) you are now claiming came from
the downtown.

Perhaps you could quantify these estimates for me. As an engineer and a
statistician, I have always believed in accurately representing these
types of numbers.

As to your comment that jobs that moved from the downtown do not
represent new jobs created. While I haven't kept track of this
personally, my understanding is that almost all of the downtown space
has been filled. Doesn't this mean that new jobs have been created to
fill these spaces? The Anderson and Walker space has certainly been put
to good use.

Bill Strand