[Vision2020] Alturas

John Danahy jdanahy@turbonet.com
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:03:32 -0700

The Alturas Park was an interesting experiment that has not really fulfilled
expectations.  As such, it is not possible to either abandon the park or
return to a failed idea of what should have been.  However, neither should
it continue in its current incarnation.  The time is coming quickly when the
bonds for development will be paid off, and as such, the best approach is to
recognize it is time for the city to get out of the RTO development
business.  I suggest we simply allow the park to "go private".  The park
should pay taxes just as any other business venture.

John