[Vision2020] Top Ten

Ivan Brewski seabiscuit@comic.com
Fri, 03 Oct 2003 20:15:23 -0500

Greetings and Salutations!

Visionaries, I also read A Serrated Edge, and there’s no doubt about it: Douglas Wilson really believes that God has called him to attack, ridicule, insult, and offend anyone he wants. After all, he dons the prophet’s mantle. This of course explains Wilson’s driving force, his overt hostility. It may also shed light on his motives for stealing from the church. He thinks he can do no wrong; he’s on a mission from God. But I digress.

Whatever it is that moves Wilson to pelt others with his rotten fruit, the old axiom remains true—what’s good for the pot is good for the kettle. So I now toss my mite into the community treasury, knowing that a thief can’t steal that which is freely offered, and our old friend Pastor Pilfer may do well to eat some of his own cooking.

Therefore, here are my Top Ten suggestions for the NSA mural:

10. Teenage Wasteland

9.  The Mark of Cain

8.  Hammer of the Kirks

7.  Roy’s World!

6.  License to Steal

5.  I.O.U.

4.  Wolves in pigs’ clothing

3.  A cock crowing

2.  “The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved.”

1.  MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN

Respectfully submitted,

Ivan Brewski

--