[Vision2020] what next?

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 02:12:54 EST

--part1_1ad.1cddc62b.2cf6fdf6_boundary

In a message dated 11/26/03 10:12:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dougwils@moscow.com writes:

> Jesus died on the cross in order to forgive sin,
> including this particular sin of slandering those who represent His Word.

Doug are you implying that you are representing His word? How is it slander
if they disagree with some writings in the Bible if it is accurate?

If the Bible is God, then are your emails you? Or are you more complex than
just a few words?

If reporters, who are people cannot understand you correctly and print your
words properly, don't you think it is possible for others to mess up or
misquote God in the Bible?

Further, what makes you think that the Bible itself is even 100% accurate or
even actually the word of God? And which Bible is the correct Bible? KJV? The
Catholic Bible, the Book of Mormon? The Koran? Or maybe just the words of
Beardasher Indians?

If it was written by God, how come there are numerous discrepancies
throughout the Bible? Did God whisper the words into the ears of Joshua?

See, I just think the Bible is a "Book" which is what "Bible" means. It is a
Book compiling most of the important writings of important people from
throughout most the world. Some are just moral stories, some are written descriptions
of how to act and behave, and some is history told from the perspective of
one or a few men and women.

The New Testament is basically the testimony of witnesses of what happened
during the time of Christ.

I think it is silly to say that God is just a Book, and we should worship the
Book as God. Especially when the Book says in it not to worship anything
except God. I really think many Christian faiths have turned from finding God and
reaching into their own hearts where God resides, and instead just depend on
their reading and comprehension skills.

Just like this being "born again", I do not think that one is just all of
sudden born again. Nor do you just "Find Christ" or "Been Saved". Finding Christ
and being saved is not something that just happens one day. It is a life long
journey of attempting to become closer to God, learning about him through your
own life he has given you, and attempting to bring yourself closer to him
through your own free will.

If reading the Bible everyday brought people closer to God we would not being
going to War with Iraq because Dubya reads the Bible. Reading the Bible is
something good, like all reading can be. But reading the same book everyday
doesn't mean you are any closer to God, it just means you are a slow reader.

I think the Bible is interesting, it shows how people thought back then, what
they believed in, such as magic, how they simplified the complicated when
they could not understand it, and how they viewed God(s) as an avenging angry
man.

Many parts of the Bible might have been inspired by God, and probably were,
but they were not written by God. It is full of many inaccuracies and
inconstancies. God is Perfect and would be a much better writer.

Donovan

--part1_1ad.1cddc62b.2cf6fdf6_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 11/26/03 10:12:11 AM Pacific Standa=
rd Time, dougwils@moscow.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Jesus died on the cross in orde=
r to forgive sin, <BR>
including this particular sin of slandering those who represent His Word.<BR=

<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Doug are you implying that you are representing His word? How is it slander=20=
if they disagree with some writings in the Bible if it is accurate?<BR>
<BR>
If the Bible is God, then are your emails you? Or are you more complex than=20=
just a few words? <BR>
<BR>
If reporters, who are people cannot understand you correctly and print your=20=
words properly, don't you think it is possible for others to mess up or misq=
uote God in the Bible?<BR>
<BR>
Further, what makes you think that the Bible itself is even 100% accurate or=
 even actually the word of God? And which Bible is the correct Bible? KJV? T=
he Catholic Bible, the Book of Mormon? The Koran? Or maybe just the words of=
 Beardasher Indians?<BR>
<BR>
If it was written by God, how come there are numerous discrepancies througho=
ut the Bible? Did God whisper the words into the ears of Joshua?<BR>
<BR>
See, I just think the Bible is a "Book" which is what "Bible" means. It is a=
 Book compiling most of the important writings of important people from thro=
ughout most the world. Some are just moral stories, some are written descrip=
tions of how to act and behave, and some is history told from the perspectiv=
e of one or a few men and women.<BR>
<BR>
The New Testament is basically the testimony of witnesses of what happened d=
uring the time of Christ. <BR>
<BR>
I think it is silly to say that God is just a Book, and we should worship th=
e Book as God. Especially when the Book says in it not to worship anything e=
xcept God. I really think many Christian faiths have turned from finding God=
 and reaching into their own hearts where God resides, and instead just depe=
nd on their reading and comprehension skills.<BR>
<BR>
Just like this being "born again", I do not think that one is just all of su=
dden born again. Nor do you just "Find Christ" or "Been Saved". Finding Chri=
st and being saved is not something that just happens one day. It is a life=20=
long journey of attempting to become closer to God, learning about him throu=
gh your own life he has given you, and attempting to bring yourself closer t=
o him through your own free will.<BR>
<BR>
If reading the Bible everyday brought people closer to God we would not bein=
g going to War with Iraq because Dubya reads the Bible. Reading the Bible is=
 something good, like all reading can be. But reading the same book everyday=
 doesn't mean you are any closer to God, it just means you are a slow reader=
.<BR>
<BR>
I think the Bible is interesting, it shows how people thought back then, wha=
t they believed in, such as magic, how they simplified the complicated when=20=
they could not understand it, and how they viewed God(s) as an avenging angr=
y man. <BR>
<BR>
Many parts of the Bible might have been inspired by God, and probably were,=20=
but they were not written by God. It is full of many inaccuracies and incons=
tancies. God is Perfect and would be a much better writer.<BR>
<BR>
Donovan<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_1ad.1cddc62b.2cf6fdf6_boundary--