[Vision2020] Study Sited

Jackie Woolf jfkwoolf2000@yahoo.com
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:33:27 -0800 (PST)

--0-1623878628-1069868007=:6912

Ruth;

I went to the site you recommended to read further
the study you continue to support as some kind of
authority on spanking and the harm it does to children.
Boy howdy, did you get something wrong.

The opening statement on this site says it all:

"Studies of mass murderers, "ordinary" (?) murderers, rapists etc.
generally show that they were victims as children of seriously
abusive punishment during childhood. "

The second one is so unfounded and unsupported by the general
medical field and journals, it speaks for itself:

"If serious abuse causes such extreme anti-social behavior,
one might speculate that milder forms of childhood punishment
might also negatively affect the children later in life."

Given the above, I continued to read the site.  It does go on
to site books and studies that specifically state spanking, NOT abuse
is not the root of all evil that children go on to perpatrate as adults.

I also find it interesting that you quoted statistics from 1995 and that
this site specifically deals with ABUSE situations, not your every
day spanking that most people are familiar with.

Before you decide to be an advocate of anything such as not spanking
your children, I suggest you read the entire subject through.

There are many children where spanking, even once in a while, would have prove
to be the motivation that a child needs to straighten up and be a child
that people would enjoy being around.  Having children that run around,
make all kinds of noise, disrupt adult conversation, destroy things and get
nothing more than "I'm not happy with your behavior right now" are the
children that don't learn that there are limits in life and that society
expects a certain type of responsibility from them.  And I am talking
about the children that don't have underlying mental illness due to
medical or heridity problems or whose parents are already seeking
and receiving assistance for that particular child.

Ignoring a child's behavior can be a type of abuse in and of itself.

Thank you.

Jackie Woolf

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
--0-1623878628-1069868007=:6912

<DIV>Ruth;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I went to the site you recommended to read further</DIV>
<DIV>the study you continue to support as some kind of</DIV>
<DIV>authority on spanking and the harm it does to children.</DIV>
<DIV>Boy howdy, did you get something wrong.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The opening&nbsp;statement on this site&nbsp;says it all:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"Studies of mass murderers, "ordinary" (?)&nbsp;murderers, rapists etc. </DIV>
<DIV>generally show that they were victims as children of seriously </DIV>
<DIV>abusive punishment during childhood. "</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The second one is so unfounded and unsupported by the general</DIV>
<DIV>medical field and journals, it speaks for itself:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"If serious abuse causes such extreme anti-social behavior, </DIV>
<DIV>one <EM>might</EM> speculate that milder forms of childhood punishment </DIV>
<DIV>might also negatively affect the children later in life."</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Given the above, I continued to read the site.&nbsp; It does go on</DIV>
<DIV>to site books and studies that specifically state spanking, NOT abuse</DIV>
<DIV>is <EM>not </EM>the root of all evil that children go on to perpatrate as adults.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I also find it interesting that you quoted statistics from 1995 and that </DIV>
<DIV>this site specifically deals with ABUSE situations, not your every</DIV>
<DIV>day spanking that most people are familiar with.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Before you decide to be an advocate of anything such as not spanking</DIV>
<DIV>your children, I suggest you read the entire subject through.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There are many children where spanking, even once in a while, would have prove</DIV>
<DIV>to be the motivation that a&nbsp;child needs to straighten up and be&nbsp;a child</DIV>
<DIV>that people would enjoy being around.&nbsp; Having children that run around,</DIV>
<DIV>make all kinds of noise, disrupt adult conversation, destroy things and get </DIV>
<DIV>nothing more than "I'm not happy with your behavior right now" are the</DIV>
<DIV>children that don't learn that there are limits in life and that society</DIV>
<DIV>expects a certain type of responsibility from them.&nbsp; And I am talking</DIV>
<DIV>about the children that don't have underlying mental illness due to</DIV>
<DIV>medical or heridity problems or whose parents are already seeking</DIV>
<DIV>and receiving assistance for that particular child.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ignoring a child's behavior can be a type of abuse in and of itself.</DIV>
<P>Thank you.</P>
<P>Jackie Woolf</P><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1623878628-1069868007=:6912--