[Vision2020] Re: opinions are important

Tami Stinebaugh stin1624@uidaho.edu
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:13:02 -0800

Roger said:

I think it is important that people speak very openly, and freely about
this threat to our peace. I would wish for a ground swell of opposition
to the sort of opinions you are asking us to ignore.  They are far more
devastating to people than arguing sports teams or ordering pizza.

Roger,

I understand what you are saying, and did not mean to imply that the concerns were not important.  I was hoping everybody would take my pizza and football comment as the joke it was intended to be.  All I meant to say is that everybody is entitled to their opinions, no matter how distateful they may be.  That was my only point.  I do get sick of hearing the same bickering back and forth constantly on vision 2020, but also am fully aware of where the delete key in on my keyboard.  I was simply trying to state MY opinion that says everybody, from you, me, Doug Wilson, to Douglas Stambler, are entitled to state what they believe to be true.  I don't think it is fair to spend 99.999999% of the time arguing why one person is wrong, in my opinion, your opinion, or anybody elses opinion.  I also feel it is fine and sometimes necessary to express altering views to what somebody else says, but do we need to beat it to death??

That was my point.  Express yourself if you feel it necessary (which I did in this case) and move on.  If my comment about sports & pizza was inappropriate, I apologize.  It was not my intention to offend anybody.  It was meant to be taken light heartedly, in a list full of emails that are full of anger, resentment, name calling, and finger pointing.

Tami Stinebaugh