[Vision2020] Re: Slaves vs non slave ownership

Steve Wells wellstep@turbonet.com
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:52:00 -0800

--------------060109050008030208020503

So you "just don't get it", eh Jackie.

Well, I guess that's because you agree with Doug Wilson. You think it's
okay for one human being to own another (at least under certain
circumstances), that the bible permits Christians to own slaves, that
slave-owning is not an abomination, and that since the bible doesn't
condemn slave-owning, you can't condemn it either.

If so, then you would feel right at home at Christ's Church, Jackie.
Where else will you find a pastor who believes it is moral for one
person to own another?

But if you decide, along with the rest of humanity, that slavery in
itself is a monstrous evil, and that it is wrong always, everywhere, for
anyone to own another human being as a slave-- no matter how they are
treated, then you'll probably decide to attend church elsewhere.

Jackie Woolf wrote:

> Seems to me, you all are making Pastor Wilson's argument (which
> he has stated and re-stated many a time.)
>
> To own a slave is not what he recommends or supports;however
> IF a slave is owned then treat him/her correctly and in a Godly
> manner.  What on earth is so difficult for anyone to understand?
>
> I just don't get it.
>
> There are plenty of issues that Jesus never specifically spoke about,
> but his general admonition still covers it all: The Golden Rules need
> to be remembered and followed.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jackie Woolf
> <http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree>

--------------060109050008030208020503

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
So you "just don't get it", eh Jackie.<br>
Well, I guess that's because you agree with Doug Wilson. You think it's okay
for one human being to own another (at least under certain circumstances),
that the bible permits Christians to own slaves, that slave-owning is not
an abomination, and that since the bible doesn't condemn slave-owning, you
can't condemn it either.&nbsp; <br>
If so, then you would feel right at home at Christ's Church, Jackie. Where
else will you find a pastor who believes it is moral for one person to own
another?<br>
But if you decide, along with the rest of humanity, that slavery in itself
is a monstrous evil, and that it is wrong always, everywhere, for anyone
to own another human being as a slave-- no matter how they are treated, then
you'll probably decide to attend church elsewhere.<br>
Jackie Woolf wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20031119185121.45900.qmail@web12002.mail.yahoo.com">

  <hr size="1"> Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard</a> </blockquote>

--------------060109050008030208020503--