[Vision2020] Slaves vs non slave ownership

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:02:46 EST

-------------------------------1069272166

Jackie,

Is that the rule that says "Do unto others as you would have them do unto
you?"  If so, I would be glad to have Doug Wilson come clean my house, tend my
grandchildren, weed my flower garden, work in my fields, sleep in my unheated
shop on some filthy blankets, and cook my dinner (since I would be at church)
all for free and all forever. I believe I'd change his name to Toby. He'd have
lots of free time because it would be illegal on my little farm for him to read
or write. If he tried to get away I probably wouldn't even whip or brand him,
but I would surely chastise him for not appreciating the situation that God
had placed him in. Now that I think of it, I could also use the help of his
wife and children and grandchildren (although I would probably sell off his
elderly, non-productive parents). I would be following the "Christian" slaveholding
procedures that Doug Wilson defends as biblically based while providing him
the opportunity to live out the Golden Rule. Please note: my slave holding
would not be racially motivated, because I am not a racist.

I'm glad I'm not in the land of cotton, but I do agree that for most well
informed folks, the old times there are not forgotten.

Rose Huskey

-------------------------------1069272166

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2733.1800" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Jackie,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Is that the rule that says "Do unto others as you would have them do un=
to you?"&nbsp; If so, I would be glad to have Doug Wilson come clean my hous=
e,&nbsp;tend my grandchildren, weed my flower garden, work in my fields, sle=
ep in my unheated shop on some filthy blankets, and cook my dinner (since I=20=
would be at church) all for free and all forever.&nbsp;I believe I'd change=20=
his name to Toby. He'd have lots of free time because it would be illegal on=
 my little farm&nbsp;for him to&nbsp;read or write.&nbsp;If he tried to get=20=
away I probably wouldn't even whip or brand him, but I would surely chastise=
 him for not appreciating the situation that God had placed him in.&nbsp;Now=
 that I think of it, I&nbsp;could also use the help of his wife and&nbsp;chi=
ldren and grandchildren (although I would probably&nbsp;sell off his elderly=
, non-productive parents).&nbsp;I&nbsp;would be following the "Christian" sl=
aveholding procedures&nbsp;that Doug Wilson defends as biblically based whil=
e providing him the opportunity to live out the Golden Rule. Please note: my=
 slave holding would not be racially motivated, because I am not a racist.</=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm glad I'm not in the land of cotton, but I do agree that for most we=
ll informed folks, the old times there are not forgotten.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rose Huskey</DIV></BODY></HTML>