[Vision2020] public schools & indoctrination

amy smoucha asmoucha@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:45:57 -0600

<P>John wrote:<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>"Here, I think you should "share" to pay for my house."</P>
<P>Yep if you are disabled and unable to work and pay for it yourself, I think so too. It's especially good to help a low-income family buy a house rather than subsidizing rental costs, because home ownership goes a long way to bring families out of poverty--it's an asset that can be passed on to future generations and borrowed against for things like college tuition.</P>
<P>"Here again, I think you should "share" to pay for my childrens education."</P>
<P>Yep, since I live in a community that includes your children, your children and I are dependent upon one another.&nbsp; Your children may be my caregivers when I am in a nursing home, or may handle my complaint when I purchased a defective product.&nbsp; &nbsp;I want healthy and well educated people as coworkers, as the people who fix my cars, as my doctors, etc.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>"Here again, I think you should "share" to pay for my retirement."</P>
<P>Yep, I feel strongly about this one.&nbsp; You've worked your whole life and if you don't have the resources to provide for yourself when you can no longer work, it is my responsibility to help you.&nbsp; Social Security and Medicare withholdings are my favorite part of paying taxes. &nbsp;By the way have you (or Joshua since he's gutting public schools) ever contemplated minimum wage?&nbsp; two wage earners earning minimum wage gross a whopping $21,424 in combined annual income.&nbsp; Start planning for your retirement with that, will you.</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>"Here again, I think you should "share" to pay for my medical needs. "</P>
<P>Again, I strongly believe that if you are sick and need care, I should help pay for it.&nbsp; Among other things, timely access to quality health care will make you a more productive worker, give you a chance to get better and remain a contributing member of our community, even if your contributions are coerced.</P>
<P>"Here again, I think you should "share" to pay for clothing my children."</P>
<P>Now that you mention it, I know that both the Latah County and the Whitman County Community Action Centers (government funded, you know)&nbsp;are accepting donations of coats and winter gear for children, and coats are always on short supply.&nbsp; Thanks for reminding me.&nbsp; If you've ever worked with low-income kids, you understand the look on their faces when they get a new, stylish colorful coat, and not just a hand-me-over, so we should give new ones, if we can.</P>
<P>&nbsp;Here again, I think you should "share" to pay for my job security. </P>
<P>Yep, I think we should spend money to create and keep jobs, so that more people are earning money and available to share with you!</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>It's good to see you are getting it!&nbsp; A gold star for you!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>