[Vision2020] Re: Divisiveness

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:52:37 -0800

Andreas asks:
>Could you explain how the Christ Church attitude toward
> Christian education differs from Gary North's?

First, Christ Church has many divergent answers to the questions that you
ask. I don't know whether there is an "official position", but I'm not a
spokesman for Christ Church.

Second, the Reconstructionists were notorious for thinking within political
systems. Christ Church has put itself squarely in the Trinitarian rather
than that power tradition.

Third, any societal reform should be done through argument and free
persuasion not political violence. Ayn Rand discussed this at length. She
was dead set against political violence ("morality ends where the gun
begins").

So all of my friends and I would bitterly oppose removing anyone's religious
liberty. We're just asking for it ourselves.

Andreas, that was a "quick" response. Anything longer will take a lot more
time. If you are looking for a more in-depth response concerning my personal
views and goals of a Christian Education for my children, let me know and
I'll compose one over the weekend.

Best,
Dale