[Vision2020] public schools & indoctrination

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:59:24 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_00B6_01C3A903.A6CBDC80

Amy,

First, I'm not sure how you can know that people on your boat share =
"better" unless you have observed sharing from both sides. At this =
point, Carl's Email applies in spades.=20

Second, I'm not sure how you can call "stealing" sharing. That's a =
redefinition of terms. Those crayons belonged to the children. They were =
taken away so that they would be forced to share. That's not sharing, =
that's redistribution of wealth.=20

Finally, let me tell you a story. I had a mentor in California who is an =
arch-Libertarian. I confided in him one time that I was having a real =
tough time with my kids sharing their toys; they were always fighting =
over them and crying to me that someone wouldn't share. He asked me "who =
do the toys belong to?" My answer: "they are in the toy-room; they =
belong to all the kids." He told me that if the toys actually belonged =
to someone (became his personal property), that they would stop fighting =
over them because they would have to ask if they could play with the =
other's toys. I divvied up all the toys between the 3 boys and they have =
ownership over each toy now. The fighting has stopped because they are =
not "common" toys but belong to someone; and they have learned to share =
their personal property as opposed to fighting over communal goods.=20

FWIW.

Best,
Dale

  ----- Original Message -----=20