[Vision2020] public schools & indoctrination

amy smoucha asmoucha@hotmail.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:48:27 -0600

<P>I think I'll pass on getting on that boat, because the people on the boat I'm on share better.&nbsp; Thanks anyway.</P>
<P>Amy<BR>----Original Message Follows---- </P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>From: "Dale Courtney" <DMCOURTN@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>To: <VISION2020@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>Subject: RE: [Vision2020] public schools &amp; indoctrination
<DIV></DIV>Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 04:43:01 -0800
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Amy,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>This is where you missed the boat.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>There's a difference between sharing (which is a voluntary act) and coercion
<DIV></DIV>(taking away private property and putting it into the collective pot). If
<DIV></DIV>they wanted to teach kids to share, they would have a table at the back of
<DIV></DIV>the class with all of the kids' materials labeled with their names. Then, if
<DIV></DIV>children needed something, they would ask a classmate if they could borrow
<DIV></DIV>it.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>No, we've been well indoctrinated by the State that all property actually
<DIV></DIV>belongs to the State and we're just renting it from them. And how nice of
<DIV></DIV>the State to let us use its materials.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Best,
<DIV></DIV>Dale
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>_____
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com] On
<DIV></DIV>Behalf Of amy smoucha
<DIV></DIV>Sent: Tuesday, 11 November, 2003 23:16
<DIV></DIV>To: dmcourtn@moscow.com; vision2020@moscow.com
<DIV></DIV>Subject: RE: [Vision2020] public schools &amp; indoctrination
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Oh my gosh, Dale, I didn't realize that in public schools these days, they
<DIV></DIV>are trying to teach children to SHARE. I can't believe it. How can they do
<DIV></DIV>this?!!?
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>If this kind of anecdote is all you and Mr. BOORtz can come up with, I'm not
<DIV></DIV>as worried about support for public schools as I have been in the past.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>First of all, I went to Catholic school, but we too were taught to share--to
<DIV></DIV>bring money, clothes, food and gifts (our personal property) for less
<DIV></DIV>fortunate folks, and to share with each other instead of allowing divisions
<DIV></DIV>because some children had a lot more than others. They even made us wear
<DIV></DIV>UNIFORMS, so we could all learn to be exactly alike (oh yeah, except it
<DIV></DIV>didn't work).
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>I am glad that the public schools teach community above property, and I have
<DIV></DIV>never met a child who would be upset when her supplies were placed in a
<DIV></DIV>large bin so that all could share. A child would focus on the fact that he
<DIV></DIV>or she now has access to the other stuff that mom didn't buy. It's only
<DIV></DIV>some twisted adult that could turn the third week of third grade into a
<DIV></DIV>property rights struggle.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Anyway, I for one will be glad for the indoctrination when those public
<DIV></DIV>school students take care of me in a nursing home, provide me with physical
<DIV></DIV>therapy even though it should be their lunchhour, fix my furnace, drive the
<DIV></DIV>bus I ride, and, especially, when they work under my supervision.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>And even though I do not have children and I went to private schools, I want
<DIV></DIV>to pay more taxes to teach other people's children--to teach them reading,
<DIV></DIV>math, history AND the values of community and of providing for each other.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Amy Smoucha