[Vision2020] Response to Joshua

Jim Meyer m1e2y3e4@moscow.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:32:08 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3A8B4.67C8FA30

Joshua,=20
I appreciate your reply to me. I am glad you are proud of your =
accomplishments and your school. I mean this. My daughter attended Logos =
for several years and I agree with you that her education was fine, =
except for (and I am not making this up) her and my concerns about how =
slavery was presented and my concerns about the "us against" them =
mentality typified by the many "heathen" comments used when talking =
about those outside the school. =20

In reading your first post directed at me, I thought, here is a good =
person who is standing up for his school. Great. In reading your second =
post, however, I would guess that you have led a sheltered and =
privileged life. I excuse your arrogance because you are young, but I =
would not excuse your mentor who taught to you the "government" school =
idea, along with the me, me, Christian me attitude.

Unlike you, and unlike the other elite students at Logos School, there =
are kids in the public school system that have parents who don't love =
them and can't or won't care for them. There are kids who come to school =
partially clothed. There are kids who come to school so poorly taken =
care of that the staff (of the nasty government school) donate clothing =
to them or wash their clothes, or feed them, or even give them shoes. =
There are abused kids. There are kids from broken, non-functional =
families. There are kids with real disabilities that go way beyond =
"needed help walking." There are kids with severe mental disabilities, =
severe physical disabilities, attention deficit problems, and kids who =
will never meet the Logos standards, even if they tried their best every =
day of their lives. By the way, I have personal knowledge of a student =
that didn't make it at Logos, not because she didn't try but because she =
just wasn't quite as quick as the rest. She was asked to leave. =20
=20
You said, "I'd like mine (tax money) back...it didn't benefit me in any =
way..." Personally, I would double my taxes if it would keep kids from =
becoming throw-aways. You know what a throw away is don't you? It is the =
kind of person who ends up in prison, then costs everybody more in the =
end. And what a waste of a human being.You seem to want to live in your =
own little world and ignore those who are the least able to fend for =
themselves. Your total disregard for the less privileged among us seems =
frankly mean-hearted to me. Shame on you.

You say Logos is a Christian school. Well, I ask you, who sounds more =
Christian, the public school employees who feed those who are not fed =
and clothe those who are not clothed or you?=20

About those programs you want to cut, you may not need or want those =
programs at Logos (though I suspect some jealousy) but they are very =
important for the well being of some students. For some, these programs =
are the only thing keeping them in school. And off the streets. And out =
of jail. =20

I do not blame you for your behavior. I blame your mentor. I bet I can =
guess who that is.That is why I suggested that Logos question its =
affiliation with anyone who preaches such divisive, selfish, and =
unchristian attitudes. Thank you for helping prove my point.

Sincerely,=20

Jim Meyer
=20

   =20